There are virtually millions of women who find themselves facing an unplanned pregnancy every single year, which means that they have a lot to think about when something like this occurs. One of those options is that of placing the child up for adoption, especially if you find that you are unable to care for the child on your own. Adoption is something that a lot of women choose when they face an unplanned pregnancy, and making this kind of a decision is personal in nature, since only you know what is best for both you and your child.
But why do some people choose to place their children up for adoption even though they may still be pregnant?
To answer this, it’s best to first explain exactly what adoption is. Adoption is a legal process in which after a woman gives birth, someone else is chosen to be the parent or parents of the child that has been born. Adoption is a legal and permanent agreement that involves the child being placed in the care of another party, which you are in complete control of choosing.
Regardless of the reason for adoption, it is your personal choice and no one else should influence your decision. Everyone has their own reasons for either wanting or needing to place their child up for adoption, with some of those reasons including the following:
- The birth parent is not actually ready to be a parent either emotionally, financially, or both.
- You don’t wish to be a single parent.
- You may already have children and wish to be the best parent possible to them.
- This may not be the best time in your life to start raising a child.
- You may wish to focus on your job, school, etc. before thinking about raising a child.
- You may not be in a relationship with someone that you feel it’s best to raise a child with.
- The birth of your child was the result of a sexual assault.
- You believe that adoption is the best chance for your child to receive the best possible care.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our blog. Here at Hope 4 Kids we specialize in foster families, domestic adoption, foster adoption, unplanned pregnancies. Providing Hope & a Future to Children & Families Around the World.